2016 JORDAN FASHION AWARD
Elmuda.com, in collaboration with Oasis500, is hosting a fashion design challenge for local Jordanian designers as part of the Oasis500 Creative Industries Fund.
The competition will include 10 designers showcasing 7 street style outfits that they will design during the month-long competition with the assistance of industry mentors. The event is expected to place in the King Hussein Business Park on Tuesday, March 29th, 2016. Through the 2016 Jordan Fashion Award, Elmuda seeks to collaborate with and promote Jordanian designers, and to put Jordan on the regional fashion map.
A lookbook showcasing the designer’s previous work must be submitted along with the application, which is available at the following link: http://elmuda.com/pages/application.
There will then be a selection process whereby 10 designers are selected to partake in the competition.
- You are a women’s ready-to-wear designer
- Your design business is based in Jordan
- Your label has been established for a minimum of one year and a maximum of five years
- You employ a team of professional staff (full or part-time) or you have a production facility
- Recommended: You hold a degree in fashion/design
- The winner will get cash investment of US$ 50,000 from Oasis500 after approval
- Incubation period of 3 months at Oasis500
- The opportunity to produce a collection for sale on elmuda.com
- Wide media/press coverage around the region