- Before shaving, we should always make sure our skin and hair are completely wet with warm water. The reason for warm water is to entirely eliminate goose bumps, so the blade is as smooth as possible on our skin. It is not until your skin is completely wet that you should add soap.
2. After you apply a gentle layer of soap, it is important that you apply shaving gel. It is different than using soap because it is designed to maintain smoothness, even after shaving.
3. Your razor blade should be relatively new, and make sure it is sharp!
4. Shave in the same direction that your hair is growing – not the opposite direction! There is a blunt link between shaving in the right direction and razor bumps.
5. As soon as you finish shaving and drying up, apply moisturizer to the areas of the skin you shaved.
6. When it comes to your bikini line, apply all of these rules exponentially!
- Aloe Vera is a classic remedy for soothing irritated skin – use it!
- Apply hot towels and hot water to irritated areas.
- Lemon Juice can help clean out these bumps (if you feel a slight burn, its probably working).
- Remember that avoidance is better than a cure, so pay closer attention to the prevention methods and you shouldn’t have much to worry about this summer!